17 June 2009

Beauty found in a pair of shoes




This photograph by Philip Newton is absolutely stunning, and I want those shoes! I like the juxtaposition between the pretty satin pink and the wellies! Simply lovely! They just make me happy.

Look at his other work: http://www.philipnewtonphoto.com/. How stunning!

I don't know what it is about shoes; I can never have enough of them. I try and arrange them by function and I've tried to cut back on my consumption. For example, I don't need any more casual trainer type shoes because I have my Converses. I don't need any more black ballet flats, because, let's see, I have 4 pairs of them. Hmmm....

I adore shoes like these lovely pink ones, and I did have a ballet style pair of heels with blue and black ribbons that tied around my ankle. I wore them to the graduation my boyfriend (at the time) back in 2005. And I brought a pair of flip flops as back up, because I couldn't make it through the day with the shoes on. So I'm trying to simply appreciate beautiful shoes when I see them, whether they're being worn or in photos as the one above, and not have to own them.

No comments:

Post a Comment