02 August 2009

Visitors

I got a call this afternoon from a friend from graduate school. He and his girlfriend are considering moving to the area soon. A few weeks ago, he'd asked if he and his girlfriend could stay in my studio while they looked at apartments and went to some interviews. I am going to be gone for two weeks visiting family, and since my little studio is so small, having them stay while I was gone was the best option. Though even then I was at first hesitant because I didn't them sleeping in my bed. But then I reasoned that I could just leave the inflatable mattress out for them and assume they'd get the hint.

Then the call today where I was informed that they'd be arriving tomorrow. I was not asked if they could stay. I was informed that they were arriving. While it isn't a huge issue (it's not world hunger, nuclear weapons or the swine flu), I'm going to be fairly consumed with getting ready to leave - cleaning, last minute packing, etc. And above all, I'm a little peeved at how the situation was handled on their end. You ask someone if you can stay; you don't tell them when you'll be arriving.

So on a happier "visitor" related note, here are some items found on Etsy using the search term "visitor".



Clockwise from top left:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my Vistor print--this is a lovely feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my benign little visitor on your blog. Good luck with your visitors!

    I also have a blog at http://allthingsquilty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful little assemblage! and what a horrible way for someone to arrive!!! (deep deep breaths).

    ReplyDelete