10 July 2009

Beauty and Talent


I am continually amazed at the talent and skill of people in the world. One new favorite artist is Miss Cassia Beck of http://cassiabeck.etsy.com/. I got this lovely print from her - the fuschia flowers in Brighton were some of my favorite flowers. The mix of bright pink and purple were stunning, and I'd never seen flowers like them before I lived there. I have the image hanging over me as I type, and I couldn't be more pleased!

Isn't it beautiful! Funnily enough, as I got the package in the mail from England, I realized that she lives on the cross street from one of the houses where I used to live. One of my favorite pubs was right at the end of her road!

It is, in fact, a small world.
I noticed last night that nearly all of the pictures I have hanging or on display in my little apartment have to do with England and most specifically Brighton.

Above my bed is a collage of images related to England, by my desk are 2 photos by the wonderful cassiabeck, above my easy chair I have a picture of the hills of Sussex and the photo above of fuschia. Over my table is a reproduction of the now iconic "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster. Above my couch is a reproduction of an antique map of Great Britain. My bookcase is lined with photos and ephemera related in someway to Brighton. I may have a theme here that borders on obsession.


I moved away from Brighton at the end of January 2007. The very last day I could stay until my visa expired. I had lived there for about 3 years. It's been over 2 years now, and I still dream of my days on Brighton beach. While I had some stressful/bad times there, nearly all related to the twat-ishness of English men, overall, I absolutely and overwhelmingly loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment