28 July 2009

Polar Bears

This evening I attended the presentation of my summer school students. They were presenting on different topics related to global warming. One of the better presentations was on the effect of global warming on sea ice. As the earth warms, the ice melts. And in places like Canada, Greenland and Russia, this is detrimental to populations of polar bears.

This seems to be one of the most touching arguments because of the endearing visual of baby polar bears. Phytoplankton and krill are less photogenic.

Be that as it may, here are some items found using the keyword "polar bear" on etsy.



Clockwise from the upper left:

3 comments:

  1. Good point! It's heartbreaking. Love the blog, and thanks for including my happy polar bear. - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! Thanks so much for including my "Polar Bear in Blue" photo!
    LilacPOP Photography
    http://lilacpopphotography.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog K!Thanks for the mention and link. I'm going to add you to my rss reader. If you want to see the cutest baby polar bear ever, go here:
    http://www.dmhstudio.com/G_Baby_Polar_Bear_Flocke.html

    ReplyDelete