26 July 2009

Curtains

I have finally moved into my own little apartment. And not counting the downstairs neighbor who blasts the most horrible music when I use my sewing machine and the no air conditioning, it's not bad.


Though I was woken up this morning by the crash of my curtains (curtain rod included) falling to the floor. Venetian blinds are installed in every window, and they are in no way lightproof. It wouldn't be a big deal if the safety light for the building wasn't right outside my window. So after much effort, I managed to find curtains that blocked out the light and finally let me sleep!


Part of that task was getting a tension curtain rod because I didn't want to do any drilling or hammering (this also raises the wrath of my idiot neighbor; I hung one picture with a grand total of four bangs of the hammer that resulted in two hours of the world's worst music. How is that quid pro quo?!). And now, part of the window drywall chipped off, causing the curtains to fall and part of the wall to come with it. My task today will be finding hooks to rehang the curtains. Wish me luck!

On a side note, I found these beautiful etsy items searching for "curtains".





Clockwise from top left:

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kristin - thanks for including my print in this wonderful collection!
    Good luck with your curtain project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrible way to wake up! Good luck with that. Thanks for including my necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in NYC, curtains were considered "decoration" under NYC real estate law. So in one of my apartments, I spent a couple of months without them. Then I hung some which turned out to be see-through. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link! :) what fun!!

    ReplyDelete